This is my bucket list! A bunch of destinations that I eventually dream of visiting. Whether I make it or not is a good question, but lets hope for success! 🙂
Parks of Canada
It is one of my dream to visit all of the National Parks of Canada! There are also select Provincial Parks that I would love to visit, and I aim to see most of Saskatchewan’s parks some day. I have a love for nature, camping, and photography, and those are a dangerous combination together! I follow the Parks Canada instagram and this influences many of the highlighted parks I have listed. While my goal is to visit most of the National Parks, here are some in particular that I dream of visiting:
The northern territories of Canada offer many sights to see, especially considering most of it remains undeveloped in western terms. While I want to visit all of these, Kluane, Auyittuq, and Pingo are the particular ones I have on my sights!
- Auyuittuq National Park (Nunavut)
- Pingo National Landmark (Northwest Territories)
- Kluane National Park and Reserve (Yukon)
- Ivvavik National Park (Yukon)
- Vuntut National Park (Yukon)
- Nááts’ihch’oh National Park Reserve (Northwest Territories)
- Nahanni National Park Reserve (Northwest Territories)
The rock formations of the Appalachian Mountains intersecting with the coastal wonders of the Pacific Ocean create some wonderful sights to see. In particular, my father had a coworker who backpacked the countryside of Newfoundland, which to some people sounds horrible. To me, it sounds like an adventure!
- Bay of Fundy, & Fundy National Park (New Brunswick)
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park (Nova Scotia)
- Peggy’s Cove (Nova Scotia)
- Prince Edward Island National Park (PEI)
- Gros Morne National Park (Newfoundland & Labrador)
The Rest of Canada
The territories are what catch my biggest interest, and the Maritimes are just simply magnificent. That being said, here are the National and Provincial parks from the rest of Canada that I dream of seeing.
- Yoho National Park (BC)
- MacMillan Provincial Park (BC)
- To admire and photograph the breathtaking Douglas Fir trees while hiking amongst them!
- Waterton Lakes National Park (Alberta)
- In relation, I would love to make a multi-country trip to see the American Glacier National Park just south of the border
- Wapusk National Park (Manitoba)
- Photograph the aurora borealis!
- Visit Churchill, MB (Manitoba)
- Photograph the aurora borealis glimmering over the magnificent Hudson Bay.
- Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve (Quebec)
- Athabasca Sand Dunes Provincial Park (Saskatchewan)
- Hike across, and potentially camp on these ever-changing, one of its kind sand dunes.
- Canoe to Hutt Falls (near Athabasca Dunes) (Saskatchewan)
- Visit Uranium City and Stony Rapids (Saskatchewan)
- Grasslands National Park, East Block Badlands (Saskatchewan)
- Prince Albert National Park (Saskatchewan)
- Grey Owl’s Cabin via Canoe
- Bagwa Paddling Route
- Crean Lake getaway via Canoe
- Visit to the restricted Lavallee Lake Pelican Sanctuary
- Attempt to further explore the Churchill River System via canoe (Saskatchewan)
- Visit all destinations listed on my map
- Huangshan Mountains (China) [Influence: Avatar]
- Skellig Islands (Ireland) [Influence: Star Wars]
- Isle of Skye (Scotland) [Influence: Star Wars]
- Iceland (in particular the Rogue One locations)
- Amazon River & Rainforest [Influence: Amazon Extreme (book)]